jueves, 26 de junio de 2008

this is how it works

[picture of the casa central of my school as the sun goes down]

In a colectivo this morning I heard "On the Radio" by Regina Spektor. Dude, I never even hear reggie on the radio (ha) in the US... I mean I guess I don't listen to a TON of radio but yeah... anyways I was super excited to hear her sweet little voice and wanted to tell the colectivo driver that omg i love this song! but i mean i don't think he would have cared too much haha.
We had our despedida dinner last night... what da hayyck? how can this semester actually be coming to an end? some people actually leave next week. I am happy I get to chill (um, like....literally) a little bit longer, although I have
been thinking about home an awful lot lately. Anyways the dinner was good! I had salad dressing for the first time in three months. Caesar salad dressing at that. So good. And the chocolate mousse was also exquisite. Part of the presentation made by the ISA staff said that all of us will be leaving here different people. I think it's true. I'm not even really sure in what aspects I am different, but I know I am. I might be bolder now. I might have less fear. I might be more chill about things. Maybe..haha. I think I see now that I don't have to be scared of what's coming ahead, like there's only one way to live my life successfully. I think I see that life is going to come, and there might be scary parts. It might be scary that I'm not sure what I'm going to do forever, where I'll end up, what I'll end up loving. The doubt is scary, but now I see that it doesn't have to be. What an adventure to live life and not know what's going to happen next. That every turn is a surprise. That I have the potential to do what I want. What an adventure to have a whole exciting life ahead of me and know that I'm not powerful enough to mess up any plans that He has made for me.



Some of the last few adventures...


the view from the top of cerro santa lucia in santiago


playing chess in the plaza de armas, santiago


blurry but i like it... on the night bus to La Serena



feeding the birds in la plaza de armas, La Serena.

So in other news.... It continues to be freezing.

No hay comentarios: