sábado, 22 de marzo de 2008

awkwaaaard

I am very sad to report that I had a bunch of photos and then i let constanza play with my camera and she took a million videos of her and her friend fernanda jesus and of me, her gringa, and then she somehow erased a bunch of pictures i had.

so i have no new photos.

but here is something interesting. no existe una palabra en español para "awkward." there is no word. i guess that would make sense because i don't think chileans have much awkwardness. you kiss everyone you come into contact with practically. that would probably de-awkward any situation. although i mean there has to be a way to describe someone who is somewhat socially awkward... not just situations. anyways, i taught everyone the awkward turtle. it was interesting explaining why the tortuga is nadando in una forma muy incomoda.... but we had an awkward situation and one of our chileans friends did it. it was great.

the weather is cold today. we have had random hot days and a few cold ones. it's making me sad. ¡Necesito el sol!

And last night i got sort of ripped off by the colectivo driver. (colectivos are sort of like taxis that have specific routes) some gringos have said yeah man the colectivo prices go way up after 11. and i had said, well i´ve never had that problem it´s still like 500 pesos mas o menos. which is about a dollar. some people have said they paid 700 pesos. So last night I just had to go like for a three minute ride up a hill, so i said in my lovely gringo accent... Avenida Alemania y Cerro San Juan de Dios. And of course since I am thinkign it's always a flat rate, I just say ok and get in instead of asking how much. I said se paga, handed him 1 mil, and i get back 300 pesos. I didn't say anything because one... my spanish just sucks. and two... i thought maybe it's true, maybe the prices do go up at night. when i got to marlayna and jennifers their host brother told me i was for sure ripped off. oh well. the end.

echo de menos a mi familia.

2 comentarios:

Brass dijo...

ayyyy i cannot believe this! there have been so many updatest that i have simply missed. you need to keep me more informed, brett.

well annywayy, i enjoyed catching up with your life. i'll probably say "awkward tortuga" from now on. aand i miss you like crazy mi bonita! :( come homeeee

you're going to miss summer!!!

dylann dijo...

su familia le echa de menos

te amo

su mama